07 September 2006

Ode to the Commencement of the School Year (Objet Trouvé)



In honour of my hard-working colleagues in the Imperial Faculty, I offer this nugget of wisdom, from the glamorous streets of New York City—

Teacher #1: So I decided what my big job switch will be in a couple of years.
Teacher #2: What?
Teacher #1: I'm going to be a party planner. Or, someone on the set of a TV show.
Teacher #2: Huh?
Teacher #1: Well, I was watching Rachael Ray the other day, and the camera pulled back, and there was this girl with a headset.
Teacher #2: Yeah?
Teacher #1: And that's what I want to do. I mean, teaching's nice, but you don't really get to interact with anybody, right? It's just us. And the kids.
Teacher #2: Right.
Teacher #1: Oh, God, when will this train get there? I want to start drinking!

Uptown #1 Subway Train, New York City
Overheard by: Duncan Pflaster


Only fifteen weeks until Christmas! Make every drink count!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey woo, that was me!

Duncan

Professor Zero said...

Another great photo. 15 weeks. Now there are fewer. With this in mind, I have acquired a plane ticket I can't really afford, for just after finals. It is non-refundable, gracias a Dios.